The icy weather this weekend isn't the only thing making our roads dangerous. Cell phone usage is a major problem too.
That is according to a new report from the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, which found that motorists who regularly used their cell phones while behind the wheel over the last month also reported that they engaged in other risky behaviors.
Of those regular cell phone users surveyed:
- 66 percent also reported speeding
- 44 percent admitted to driving while drowsy, and
- 29 percent drove without wearing seat belts.
On the flip side, drivers that reported never using a cell phone were much less likely to report additional risky behaviors.
Of those drivers:
- 31 percent admitted speeding
- 14 percent driving drowsy, and
- 16 percent drove without a safety belt.